Saturday, December 11, 2010

There Will Be Cake

Tomorrow is my godson's second birthday party, and as was stated in the title, there will be cake there. I'm not going to go crazy, but I am not going to deny myself a small piece of cake. Many people who have successfully lost weight -- and who've kept it off, most importantly -- have cheated on their diets on occasion, and I intend to do the same. I think it's fine as long as I don't make a habit out of it. After all, I was thin for most of my life, and I never turned down a piece of cake or a cookie every now and then. I'm sure I'll be fine as long as I don't over-indulge. We'll see how it goes.

I don't want to post a long entry tonight because I'm pretty exhausted. My weekend's been okay so far. I went for a five mile walk on Thursday, so I decided to take yesterday off to give my legs a rest. Today, I resumed my exercise regime and walked three miles. Same old stuff. I really love walking and running, and I can't wait to start the C25K program in January. Come spring or early summer, I'd like to think that I'll be blogging about my first 5K race. :-)

6 comments:

  1. You made me chuckle, thanks. At my wedding, my best man was a guy named Mark Madoff... That would turn the light on right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C25K has already allowed me to do things I never dreamt i would be able to do, and i'm only just coming to the start of week 8. Looking forward to catching your progress once you start the program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to start! I kind of wanted to jump in and start right away, but I thought it'd be better if I built a good walking foundation for a month before I started. I've been running intervals, though, to help get me ready for it. I basically run for three minutes or so for each mile I walk. Do you think that'll be enough to prepare me for the first week of C25K?

    Anyway, congrats on your progress! You must feel like a million bucks! You should, too, 'cause you've earned it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that is enough to prepare you.

    C25K starts you off slow with 1 minute runs the first week. Week 3 gets you to run 3 minutes twice. If you continue the walking at the pace you are doing you will be more than ready. It has been easy for me thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kimberly...you will be more than ready for C25K, and getting in a good walking base before starting is the best idea - I did the same. And don't feel like you have to move to the next week of the C25K plan if you're not ready - I have spent 11 weeks getting to week 8 of the plan as I have repeated days or weeks where I haven't been ready to progress. Check out the training plan here, if you haven't already seen it. Best of luck mate, although with your prep. work I don't think you will need luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. About the cake thing, really, if you get a small enough piece, it could probably fit into your daily caloric intake. Not that I'm advocating cake everyday or anything, lol. Anyways, hope you have fun at the party!! Can't wait to hear about C25K in January!

    ReplyDelete