Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ben Davis: My Weight Loss Inspiration

Ben Davis used to weigh 350 lbs. On Christmas in 2008, he made a promise to his grandmother that he would turn his life around. Two years later, he's lost 120 lbs. and has competed in several marathons and an Ironman. (As a matter of fact, he completed the Las Vegas marathon today in 04:06!) Like all of us, he stumbles from time to time and doesn't always make the best choices with food, but you know what? He gets right back up again, and that's how he's managed to keep the weight off for as long as he has. If you're feeling discouraged, keeping his story in mind will help.

Anyway, I'm going to post a video of his journey, which currently has nearly a million views on YouTube. I've been incredibly inspired by it to the point where I watch it several times a week. Yeah, that is sounds kind of creeperish, but it really does inspire and motivate me. Seriously, see if you can watch it without getting teary-eyed.  LOL.




Pretty inspirational, no? You should read his blog, too. Trust me, it'll help you a lot. 

3 comments:

  1. I subscribe to his blog. He totally inspires me in my efforts to train for a 5K because he started to run at his highest weight. It took me losing over 100 lbs before I could even think about doing it. He makes me see I have no excuses.

    And yeah, when I first watched that video I cried. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, same here; he really inspires me to run. And what's so encouraging is that people can totally do what he's doing. Unless someone has serious health problems that prevent them from running, it's conceivable that people like us will one day be able to run a marathon if we train properly. I'm at the beginning of my running "career," and I've got a long way to go, so I can't picture myself there yet. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've watched this several times before, but it gets me every time! I'll go check out his blog, too. Thanks for sharing this.

    "If you want to do it, all you have to do is do it."
    Great stuff!
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete